Thursday, September 24, 2009

My transfer story: Erika shares her transfer experience

By Erika, a junior in the College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences
Major: sociology
Minor: psychology

I transferred from Richard Bland College of William and Mary, which is a junior college designed to prepare one for a four-year university. My time spent at Richard Bland College was extremely helpful in my transition from high school to a university setting/curriculum, as well as on my pocket!

I definitely do not regret attending junior college after high school, nor do I regret transferring to Virginia Tech. I decided to apply to Virginia Tech as well as many other in state universities because Richard Bland College had a partnership for guaranteed admission if one graduated with and associates degree and had a 3.0 GPA.

I had always dreamed of coming to Virginia Tech but did not have the grades right out of high school, so this was the perfect opportunity for me. I knew I wanted to attend Virginia Tech because I had heard so many great things about their friendliness and school-spirited atmosphere, along with their educational opportunities at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment