Sunday, September 27, 2009

My transfer story: Brianne shares her transfer experience

By Brianne, a senior in the College of Architecture + Design
Major: Interior Design

I have had an overall positive experience as a transfer student at Virginia Tech. I found the first semester to be the most difficult -- making friends, finding opportunities to get involved on campus, balancing school work, and adjusting to the Hokie lifestyle.

VT is significantly larger than the school that I transferred from, which was quite the adjustment not only socially but also academically. I quickly learned that this was a place that I had to work for myself -- I had to make the most of my time here. I found several activities to get involved with including club sports, organizations within my major, and transfer orientation. These activities helped me to quickly make friends with similar interests as well as helped me to learn what it means to be a Hokie. I was able to find my niche at the university through getting involved in these organizations.



More info:

Invent Your Future

This Is The Future

Become a fan! www.facebook.com/vtadmissions



No comments:

Post a Comment