Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Transferring into CLAHS, a recent graduate's story

By Tyler Murphy
2009 Graduate
2009 Admissions Advisor

Transferring into the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences was a smooth transition, just like transferring to Virginia Tech was overall. I was given one of the coolest advisors to work with me throughout my time at VT that helped me plan my course load up through my last semester before graduation.

Since I did not declare a communications major until transferring to the university I still needed some freshman level classes. After having to jump through a few small hoops, I was admitted into those classes. In order to graduate in the time I wanted to, I did have to take a few summer classes to get on track. But as many people will tell you, there is nothing like summers in Blacksburg!

Working alongside some of the most educated people in their fields, the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences has some of the nicest professors I ever had and in turn allowed me to form relationships and contacts for networking in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment