Thursday, February 11, 2010

At Virginia Tech living off campus is practically living on campus

By Tyler Murphy
2009 Graduate
2009 Admissions Advisor


Off campus housing may as well be considered on campus housing. Blacksburg is a small community and living within the immediate area, the farthest I ever had to travel was approximately 2 miles. With the Blacksburg Transit bus system, getting to campus was easily accessible and time efficient.

In fact, I quickly found that I was filling my gas tank a couple of times every few months. I rarely needed my car even living off campus because of the options made available to me. If public transportation isn't your thing, you'll find people biking all over town. And trust me, there is a bike rack every few hundred feet so no need to worry about where to put your bike once you arrive to your next class or other destination. Even the Blacksburg Transit buses have bike racks on the front.

More Info:

Housing
Related blogs:

1 comment:

  1. hows the social life living off campus? do meet neew ppl? parties?

    ReplyDelete