Thursday, October 29, 2009

Meeting a great Hokie

By Erika, a junior in the College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences
Major: sociology
Minor: psychology

I have had many outstanding experiences here at Virginia Tech. So far the most memorable is when I got Frank Beamer's autograph.

This summer my family came down to help me move into my new apartment (of course they came down early to spend extra time with me!). The morning of the move we went to grab some breakfast at Famous Anthony’s, which is amazing by the way. While waiting for our food, my mom says, “Is that the coach for VT?” I was in complete shock that she even knew VT's football coach and I preceded to say, “Oh my god, yes it is!”

After contemplating if we should go over and talk to him, or leave him be because he is a normal person and probably just wants to eat his breakfast in peace, my grandmother got up and walked over to his table. She introduced herself and told Coach Beamer that I was a student at VT. By the end of it all, my entire family was at his table talking to him. He and his wife are wonderful people. Coach Beamer gave us all personal autographs. It was so awesome. I now have his autograph framed on my desk to remind me of the day I met one of the greatest HOKIES ever.

More info:





No comments:

Post a Comment